Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Shopping Spree!

Yesterday I sold a diaper cake and cashed my Polka Dot Alligator Sale check. This means I had $140 for myself! What to buy?? Although I'd been thinking of getting a used treadmill, I found a few things last night in town that screamed, "BUY ME!" and nearly depleted my stash of cash. I met Anthony at Gatti's where we had a nice dinner together as a family. Afterwards, I asked him if he cared to take the boys on home while I went shopping. Of course, he didn't. He'd much rather sit at home than shop! I was thrilled at the prospect of shopping kid free and with some money! I headed over to the Mall Park Center and hit up Fashion Bug, Barnes & Noble Books, Kirkland's and Michael's. I left with a beautiful new dress and top, a book I'd been wanting, a decor piece for my house, a white skirt as well as a denim skirt, (They didn't have my size in stock so they're shipping the two skirts to my house for free!) AND some left-over money! That subscription to the paper is already saving me money. I had a $10 off coupon for Fashion Bug and they also had buy one get one 60% off as well as 30% off dresses and shrugs. Yay for discounts and coupons! I went to Target and bought a wedding shower gift for our friends afterwards and I enjoyed that almost as much as my spree for me! It was just a wonderful, enjoyable evening. I tried to copy the pictures of my clothes from Fashion Bug's website so I could post them here, but it wouldn't let me. However, here is a picture of my book. It's unPLANNED by Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood leader whose eyes were opened to the truth. I'm only one chapter into it but I can tell it's going to be good. I'm very passionate about my stance against abortion and my belief in the sanctity of life from the moment of conception. (That could be a whole post in itself.) Any way, I'm looking forward to a good read!


One more thing! Tonight I tried a strawberry & creme pie from McDonald's. It has strawberry and cheese filling. All I can say is OH MY...they are scrumptious! Unfortunately, you can't get these 2 for a dollar. They are $1.09 but totally worth it! You need to try one while they are here.


That's all for now,

Michelle


 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time:) Always nice to have a shopping expedition with no kids..much easier and so much fun!! And oh how yummy are those pies...they could become addicting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes those pies are yummy!! :) My shopping spree will be on my vacation from work in July and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping and dessert...sounds wonderful! I'll have to remember this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, those pies are good. As matter of fact, I ate 2 and 1/2 yesterday. (can I help it if my kids didn't like theirs?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tried the pies last week after some high recommendations. It was good, but I still like the tried and true apple pies. Hard to decide which I like better. My main complaint is they aren't big enough. I think if I ate 2 1/2 like Amy then I might be able to tell which one I liked better, Ha! We need to get together for kidless shopping...that sounds like fun. I have daydreams sometimes of going shopping with a friend and sipping lattes at Barnes and Nobles. That just sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and I would like to borrow that book when you are finished....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I dream of going out with 2 or 3 friends too and drinking at Barnes and Nobles and chatting away.... and not chasing a kid or two, or running to the bathroom for another *potty break*... kids never seem to get in sync with their bladders. lol!!!!!!

    The pie sounds good, I didn't know they even had them... where have I been... I usually stick to the good ol' apple pies. ;) And that book sounds really good. I don't get much time to read but this one has caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so we seriously need to plan a Mommy escape soon! Eat out, strawberry & cream pies for dessert, shop, Barnes & Noble....all "kidlessly" !!! lol:)

    ReplyDelete