Sunday, April 22, 2012

Price Less Foods

I don't need to tell you that feeding a family can get expensive. I also know that as our boys grow, (and our family grows,) so will our grocery bills. I'm not a coupon clipper but I just bought a three-month subscription to the Sunday paper so I can start clipping as well as ad matching. I'm pretty excited about getting my first one today. I'm all about getting a good deal so I'm also excited about this new grocery store in our area. If you haven't already, you need to go check it out! (It's in the same building where the old Houchens was.) This was our second time there but last time we went, they were getting ready to close so we were in a rush. The prices are great, the employees are very friendly and the miniature shopping carts for kids are a hit with Jameson! I soon realized we needed a big cart in addition to his little one, as it was filling fast and got too heavy for him to push. I was really impressed with what we got this evening for $37 and some change! (We lost the receipt so these prices are from our memory and may be a couple of cents off although most of them are dead on.) Anthony needed coffee filters and we got a pack of 200 for $0.58! We also got a 20 lb bag of russet potatoes for $4.96, 10 chicken legs for $2.34, a 2 lb pack of country style boneless ribs for $4.27, a bag of rice for $0.98, and the popsicles are actually free after you get your $2 mail-in rebate. Fooey about that receipt...lol! Make sure you keep yours if you buy some, because you will actually get paid to buy these! How sweet is that?! Speaking of sweet, I'm looking forward to trying these Krispy Kreme knock-offs for $2.10. The cashier claimed they were better than Krispy Kreme's. Anthony had one before he went to bed and says they are really good. I'll judge them in the morning. Their taxes are higher but it still ends up being a better deal than Wal-Mart. It's probably not a place I'll buy diapers, toiletries or cleaning products but you can't beat the prices on the food! 

Happy Shopping,

Michelle
My $37 grocery haul at Price Less! One applesauce is missing because Landon was eating it while I took the picture! (I felt like I needed to throw that out there! Just mentally add another applesauce to that stack, K?) LOL!



5 comments:

  1. Never been, sounds like I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had no idea what you're talking about! There's a new grocery in town? I must be totally out of the loop around here. I didn't even know about Western Day at Chic fil A! Come on guys, clue me in here a little. Just because I live in another county don't mean I don't count!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't been there long...It's in the Big Lots shopping center. Jack will love the little carts!

      LOL...I'm a sorry friend...I should've texted cowboy Jack! I'll remember next time!

      Delete
  3. went there tonight..totally awesome:) I got some of their boneless ribs too..Sunday dinner, yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that place! I can't wait to make the ribs!!! Mmmm, mmm :)

      Delete