Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Polka Dot Alligator Buys!

The Polka Dot Alligator Children's Consignment had their very first sale last month. Mom and I are hooked on Kentucky Kids Consignment Sales are were eager to see what this new one was like. We shopped together Wednesday night and volunteered one work shift on Thursday. I enjoyed the laid back and fun atmosphere the owners provided. I sold a few items in it and made $86 which makes my Spring consignment sale earnings a total of $411 between both sales. I was so happy with my purchases that I'm posting this review to show you what I got for about $60 (after my earnings.) I was extremely pleased with their selection of 3T-4T clothing for Jameson! I buy mostly for him since he passes every thing down to Landon. The racks were full of like new Gymboree, Crazy 8, The Children's Place, Old Navy and GAP clothing. I hadn't found what I wanted at KKCS when it came to clothes but PDA made up for it! I actually found clothes to match what I already had for one boy. I love to match them for Church, so this excited me.

TOYS & books! Jameson had been wanting a Rex since before his birthday and we couldn't find one. There he was waiting on the table for him! The "Are You My Mother?" book is some thing I almost purchased when newly pregnant with Jameson. I've always loved the book and this soft interactive version is great for Church. You can take the baby bird in and out of the egg, the crane and his Mother's arms. Both boys love it and so do I! The Bass Pro hummer was $2.50!


SHOES! Top: Gymboree tennis shoes, Janie & Jack leather sandals, water shoes 
Bottom: The Children's Place navy/white saddle shoes, TCP brown/cream saddle shoes
I LOVE saddle shoes and had a pair a lot like the blue and white ones when I was little. Then, of course, you can never own too many pairs of rubber boots for little boys! They are Landon's as are the brown saddle shoes. The rest are Jameson's. I think they were all $5 and under.


CLOTHES! (All for Jameson! The 24 month section had ZILCH for Landon!) 
I couldn't leave this adorable gingham shirt, puppy vest and matching socks from Gymboree there! I also love this teal checkered shirt and vest from TCP but didn't want to pay the $10.50 for it. Thank goodness for half-off pre-sale night! :)


The picture doesn't do this outfit justice. The shirt is CHAPS and it's brand new. The pants are GEORGE but very nice and match well! These are a little too big right now but I'm looking forward to seeing Jameson wear this.


This is one of the outfits I wrote about that matches what we already had. I had just bought Landon a froggy outfit from Crazy 8 so when I saw these Gymboree pants that matched for Jameson, I had to get them! The vest it TCP and can be worn over a white polo. I found the green polo at half off night. So the outfit can be worn 2 ways.


  Here's the other matching piece I found! Jameson had his 2 year pictures made in this same vest (with a striped blue shirt.) It's now been passed down to Landon, of course. When I found this on the rack in 4T, this matchy Mama grabbed it! 


Here are the really nice shirts I got for Jameson. The shark tee is Crazy 8, the monkey one is Gymboree and the John Deere was brand new with tags.


             The first pair had to pulled from the dirty clothes basket for this picture! lol! 
                            Old Navy jeans, Healthtex black slacks & Calvin Klein jeans


So there's my haul minus a couple of items that I can't find right now including a pair of cool monkey sunglasses from Gymboree. Their next sale will be at the end of August. Check out their website if you like: www.polkadotalligator.com 

Michelle




4 comments:

  1. The sale was wonderful....would recommend to everyone. You are right about the atmosphere...so laid back and country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to take pics of my bargains from this sale! Cute stuff. I was impressed with their clothing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought they had some pretty great stuff! I am thinking about selling Avalon and Lawsens stuff this fall. I couldn't buy a whole lot this time but if I sell then I'll have a little extra cash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am past drooling at this point. I've noticed we have a lot of similiar tastes on boy clothing. I am in LOVE with the puppy dog vest with matching socks!!

    ReplyDelete