Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Recipe for my 100th Post!

Happy 100th post, blog of mine! ; )  

I have a delicious and easy recipe to share with you all! It's "Teriyaki Chicken" and a new favorite in this house! All you need is frozen chicken, (5-6 breasts or 10-12 tenderlions which is what I did!) brown sugar and soy sauce. (one half cup of each) Throw it all in your crock pot and cook on high for 5-7 hrs or on low all night. I cooked it for about 12 hours and it fell apart easily with a fork but was a little browned around the edges. So 10 hours would be plenty!


This is what it looks like before cooking it.
I serve it over rice, (any kind you like cooked according to package directions.)
You could also eat it over pasta if you like!

You can add vegetables to the crock pot for the last hour. (Broccoli, carrots, whatever you like!) All I had was carrots and I cooked mine on the stove because I was in a hurry. I boiled them in soy sauce, a little bit of water and brown sugar and they were YUMMY! Anthony is not a big carrot person and he loved them like this!


I LOVE pineapple! They were a dollar at Aldi last week so I ad matched at Wal-Mart and got one! Regular price was almost $3! I cut it last night and refrigerated it in a bowl. It made a great addition to the meal and a healthy dessert alternative. 

Bon Appetit! 




3 comments:

  1. Happy 100th! I've never tried that recipe...guess I'll have to try this one on the fam! Bonus: no cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would probably love this! They seem to like chicken almost any way I make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle....did I ever tell you that your my favorite daughter? Well....you are....now when's dinner?

    ReplyDelete