Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter 2012

We had an extra busy Easter weekend this year with Landon's birthday party Saturday but it was an extra fun one also! We got the boys up and dressed them in their new Easter outfits Sunday. Then we told them to come out to the living room to see their surprises. Sock monkey Easter baskets (Reused from Pop & Nana last year:) filled with little Dollar Tree treasures were waiting for them on the hope chest. I went a little crazy at the Dollar Tree this year, even buying some big treasures that didn't fit in their baskets, but they have enjoyed their new "junk" immensely this week! The most played with items have to be the big nets. We just put up a new swimming pool for them and although it's still a bit too cold to get in it, they LOVE "fishing" in it with those nets!

What a privilege it always is to be in God's house celebrating His Son's resurrection! Dinner afterwards at my Grandparents was delicious. Aunt Angie's ham, Mom's potato salad, Gramma's pea salad, my broccoli casserole, (recipe courtesy of Theresa N.) Shelly's rolls and Gramma's sweet tea....mmm, mmm! Grampa's brownies were top notch and my baking consisted of purchasing a turtle pie from Kroger. lol! I was "done" with baking for the weekend after making about 30 cupcakes for Landon's birthday!

The kids hunted eggs in the front yard and enjoyed it like always. It was Landon's first time and he really loved it! We didn't have time to color eggs this year but that was just fine with me! The boys ended up getting 4 Easter baskets a piece so we've all PLENTY of candy this week. I'm not complaining but the scale probably is! lol! The boys love their new toys from Pop & Nana, Aunt Shelly and Gramps & Gramma! Thank you all for their fun Easter stuff! Also, thanks to Uncle On & Aunt Gigi for their big eggs filled with candy!

The night before Easter, I was trying to explain to Jameson the true meaning of it all. I told him how Jesus was crucified and while describing the nails and the cross, he asked me, "Did he cry?" It almost brought tears to my eyes as I remembered the suffering He bore for us. But what a thrill it is to be able to tell my children how the story ends. Three days later, He arose! I told him that He's up in Heaven sitting by His Father, talking to Him for us. I'm not sure how much he grasped but I did hear him saying, "Jesus died" and "God loves you" to two sinners the other day and that made my heart smile.

Here are a few pictures. I plan to get the boys' Spring pictures and Landon's 2 year pictures done professionally soon!

The Easter loot!
Two very happy boys!
These are the smiles you get when the sun is in their faces! LOL
The picture I took of Jameson didn't turn out this good.  His smile was extremely fake so I'll post a better one later! lol

Our family at Church
J & L

6 comments: