Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pictures from Last Night


Daddy tries to calm his fears in the waiting room....
    
Poor little guy was in a lot of pain.....

In triage getting his vitals checked. He did great!

While we were getting registered, a sweet man from the waiting room bought a Sprite and cookies from the vending machine and brought them to us. He had seen Jameson crying earlier and thought it would make him feel better. He was right about that! : ) Umm, why didn't we think of this?!

Landon enjoyed hanging out in a new environment and the whole experience. LOL!
Mom was less then thrilled about being in this very "germy" place!

Finally, our number was called for the third time and we were in a room!
This was before it got very ugly.

I know this picture is terrible :( but I was trying to capture that scratch on camera. (His eye is squinted and it didn't work.) The doctor had just finished putting the glowing stuff in his eye and looking at it with the special light. It was not a pretty sight! :( Poor Daddy was the mean one holding him down. He ran to me for comfort afterwards. Today he is a very happy boy and back to "Jameson" again! He's even taking his eye drops like a pro so far! I'm making it fun and involving his stuffed animals in the process which he loves! His stuffed dogs have to get eye drops, too. I make them talk and that makes him laugh. :)


Last night when we pulled in our drive (or this morning, rather:) and I heard him awake and cry out in pain from the backseat, my heart was overwhelmed. I was "done" with my little boy being in pain. Five hours was too long to listen to my baby cry. I looked up toward God and cried out to him to please touch Jameson. ("When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I....") Anthony carried him into the house and laid him on the couch. Half alseep and confused, he rolled around saying, "Where are we? What's the doctor doing?" I told him he was home and I was there. I held him and sang "Jesus" (or "There's Just Some Thing About That Name") and "He Knows My Name" to him until he fell asleep. I'm so glad the Lord is a present help. He cares about the smallest things. I'm also thankful for the health of our children. On the way home, Anthony and I talked about this. A minor injury took it's toll on us and we realize how blessed we are, how much of a load other parents carry, and how thankful we should be while praying for those in much more serious situations! 

I didn't aim to type all of that but it came any way! :)

Michelle

7 comments:

  1. Aww, these pictures have taken me back to the many times my children have gotten hurt. Jamin breaking his foot, getting stitches on his face, the many times were stayed in the hospital with his asthma... the list goes on. I am so thankful that things have slowed down quite a bit!

    I tried to call earlier to check on him. Hope he's doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad too! Connie and I were talking last night about all that Jamin has been thru. It's so hard to watch your little one suffer! (I ain't seen nothing compared to others!) I got your message and haven't got around to calling you back. It's so sweet of you to check on him! He's doing great today...yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are better now...and glad that his stuffed dogs needed eye drops too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of the scariest parts of the emergency room is what you might catch in the play area!!!

    Glad he is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only is there the risk of germs in the waiting area, but you never know what you will SEE!!! Glad that little guy is doing better! Poor thing! I'm like you! We have been extremely blessed in that Moriah has been healthy and we've not had any injuries that required trips to the ER! So blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right on that! NO telling what you'll see, especially late at night like that.

      Delete