Friday, January 27, 2012

Good Eyes, Good Food, Good Bargains

I went to the eye doctor yesterday for an exam. I had noticed the signs at Wal-Mart and on the road weren't as clear as they used to be and since it had been six years, I figured it was time. I was very pleased when the optometrist said my eye sight is almost perfect. (20/25) I have a little bit of astigmatism in each eye. She said I could get glasses if I wanted to compete with my husband. (who has 20/20 vision. lol) My total was $10 without glasses and $20 with them (We have a great vision plan!) so I figured why not for ten bucks? (I can wear them whenever I want to.) It was probably a waste of money and my husband thought I was crazy. But now those aisle signs at Wal-Mart will be clear as can be! ;)

 

After we left 20/20 Eyecare, we ate at Family Buffet (YUM:) then went to pick up some supplies I had bought for for the upcoming Kentucky Kids Consignment Sale. Since we were in the Cool Springs Shopping Center, I asked Anthony to take me to "My Sisters," a consignment shop just across the road. I had never been but a lady from our Church had recommended and praised the place. I'm glad he took me! (and I'm sure he isn't;) Their selection is supposedly low right now, but they've discounted nearly every thing to make room for the Spring stuff coming in. There was hardly any thing for kids, but I found plenty for myself.

My mini haul:

 Talbots Denim Jacket $18 (half off = $9)
George Black/White Houndstooth Jacket $12 (half off = $6)
Merona  Brown Jacket -So cute! $12 (half off = $6)
St. John's Bay Orange Argyle V-neck Sweater $7 (the only item I bought that was not on sale)
George slip-on boys' black dress shoes $4 (half off = $2)


So my grand total was $30! I think Anthony was surprised, considering I got 3 jackets for Church, a sweater and a pair of shoes. (I haven't decided whether I'm keeping them for Landon to grow into or selling them to earn a little profit.) So go check out "My Sisters!" (Not my actual sisters....Yes, they're pretty but neither one is available! lol:) Now would be a great time if you're looking for Fall/Winter items. Us holiness people use some of those "Fall/Winter" items much of the year! ;)





8 comments:

  1. Your getting as bad as me taking pictures of your food! I do it all the time though....even in restaurants. I know people must think I'm crazy. I even took a picture of my fish at Captain Ds the other day! LOL. Cute stuff (your clothes, not the fish). I'll have to check out My Sisters sometime. Cool glasses too! I had my eyes checked too because the pulpit was getting pretty blurry from our pew....but he said I could get them if I wanted, but probably should just wait about 5 more years when I will really need them (old age kicking in). So I opted to wait it out and just hold one eye to see Kenny on the platform! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captain D's fish is definitely good enough to photograph! LOL! Actually though, I got those pics off the internet. BUT, my food looked very similar and so do my glasses! (except they're black & purple:)Yeah, I probably should've held out...I guess I was eager to try some thing new! LOL! Probably won't wear them much tho...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gonna need those glasses to watch out for Bro. Rodney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Deals on the clothes! I could use some. I'm down to like 5 shirts I can wear right now. I know I should just lose some weight, but what un is that? Ha... Oh and be glad you just KINDA need glasses. I have been wearing glasses since I was 5 (SOOOO thankful none of my kids picked up that trait from me) I can't see my own hand unless it's about 2 inches in front of my face. I have HORRIBLE vision and TERRIBLE astigmatism. I'd be rich if I didn't have to wear glasses and contacts. Seriously for a pack of 6 contacts it's 200 bucks for the ones I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to lose weight but need some motivation! LOL! Wow that's high....I hope we continue to have good vision and the boys don't need glasses!

      Delete