Saturday, January 21, 2012

First Trip to the ER

Pray for little Jameson. He got poked in the eye tonight after Church while playing with his friends. It was an accident but we ended up in the ER a couple of hours later because he wouldn't stop crying and his eye was so red and watery. It was NOT a fun night. He did okay with every thing until the doctor put the numbing drops and glow stuff in his eye. I can't believe the size of the scratch on his eye! So he has a "corneal abrasion" in his left eye and we have to put drops in it every 4 hours. I can't imagine how hard that's going to be seeing how he FREAKED out up at HMH. : ( He's still in a lot of pain so please pray for him. I broke down and cried when we pulled in the drive a few minutes ago. I'm just tired of my baby being in pain. It's been several hours now and Mommy wishes she could take it away.......So I'm talking to the one who can! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry MIchelle. A little trick to getting the eye drops in... wait until he's asleep and put the drop on the corner of his eye (closest to his nose) slowly open the eye and the drop will roll right in! (We had to do this with Jamin when he was little because of allergies. I'm sorry he got hurt!!!!!! I know he was really acting upset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart aches for my little guy....:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!! Poor guy! No wonder he was crying so bad. Hopefully his eye will heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip Angie! I will be trying that!
    They said the eye heals very quickly so that's a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it! I had no clue he was hurt that badly.....but he kept on crying even after we got to McD's and wouldn't eat any thing. That's when I called his doctor and they said to take him to the ER. She turned the light off, put this neon greenish-yellow stuff in his eye (while he was going CRAZY) and then held a special light up to it and the scratch showed up right away. It was huge and went from the top of his eye to the bottom. (the colored part any way) He's doing great today though! He said, "My eye's feeling better! Thank you, Jesus!" =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, I didn't realize the scratch was right on the actual colored part, so he probably was having a hard time seeing too, which would probably explain some of the crying. I know my kids get really anxious when they get something in their eye that makes them not be able to see.

      Delete
  6. Yeah, after I saw the scratch it made me feel that much worse for him! Eye injuries are not fun at all!

    ReplyDelete