Monday, March 19, 2012

80 degree weather with the FLU ?!

 
I took Landon to the doctor today. He caught what Jameson is now getting over. Fever for 3 days, a horrible cough, little appetite, runny nose, sleepless nights. The doctor told me right away what she suspected and it surprised me. Apparently, it's been going around and they've seen several late cases. She swabbed his throat and nose, which was painful for him. The nose swab came back positive for the flu. So we were told to give him Tylenol every 3 hours and that his fever shouldn't last longer than another day or two. It's been over 102 degrees!! The other instruction was to push fluids, which is pretty much all he wants any way. Jameson was the same way- very little appetite but very thirsty. She also said Jameson's cough can linger for up to 2 weeks. But thankfully, we're on the tail end of the worst of it! Pray Anthony and I don't get it. I've got a nagging tickle in my throat but I'm hoping it's just allergies. Moms don't have time to be sick. And it just doesn't seem right for my kids to have the flu while it's 80 degrees outside!



No comments:

Post a Comment