Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Trip to the Lake!

We wanted to do some thing fun together on Memorial Day so Anthony suggested a trip to the lake. I asked him to invite Shelly, my sister-in-law. She came along with us and I'm so glad she did. We stopped by the cemetery to visit my Mom and Dad-in-law's grave first. We didn't arrive at the lake until 7:00 pm but it was perfect since the temperature was bearable and the water was nice and calm. We had an absolute BLAST for two hours out there! I grew a fondness for the boat (lol) and now see it as "ours" and not just "his". =) Although I didn't pack extra clothes for myself, I couldn't resist getting in the water and Shelly wasn't far behind me. We rode home wet but it was worth it! Jameson was apprehensive about almost every thing- backing the boat into the water, (He thought the truck was going in the lake!) the nose of the boat tipping upward during the ride, me being in the lake, ("No, Mom! You're gonna float away! I'll rescue you!") and getting in the water was another story! He told us he wanted in, but as soon as Anthony lowered him to me and Shelly, he FREAKED out, thinking he was going to sink. I'm hoping he'll get over his fears and I might try using a float next time to ease his anxiety. Landon, on the other hand, couldn't get enough of all of it! You should have seen his smile when the boat took off. He LOVED it! We had to keep a close eye on him because he was fearless. He loved being in the lake with us and complained when we made him get back in the boat. We did some fishing but none of us caught any thing. The riding was probably the most fun part but that water sure felt awesome! My arms a little sore today from swimming but I can't wait to go back. We're planning an overnight trip later this year, maybe to Rough River. Shelly and I are already thinking of what to buy and bring along with us this time! (including water shoes....flip flops didn't work so well! Ha!)

Enjoy the pictures!

Michelle


                                                           Ready and excited for take off!


                                                            Landon was loving the ride!


                                                              Good-looking driver!


Good-looking wanna be driver! 


 
Cute fisherman!


 Cute wanna be fisherman!


It all started with a dip..........


......and ended like this!


Our little water baby!


I love this one!




10 comments:

  1. I have to be able to touch bottom every now and then before I would ever had jumped in. Looked like fun. I love the water and swimmimg at night time about better than during the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthony's fish finder said it was 14ft deep where we were at. I would've never got in without that life jacket! I'm too chicken...lol!

      Delete
  2. Pretty cool! Looks like fun. I'm afraid of deep water too though...and I have this fear of fish biting my toes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not crazy about deep water either. (The life jacket helps me relax though.) If some thing touched my foot, I'd probably freak! LOL

      Delete
  3. What if a shark bit you?? lol i cant swim with fish..id be freakin out right along with Jameson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharks...LOL!! I'll tell Jameson that you understand him.

      Delete
  4. Awwww, so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't usually like swimming in lakes... I like swimming in my pool, in my back yard, with lots of chlorine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! Definitely no chlorine in the lake...it sure could've used some though...Lol!

      Delete