Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I hope all you wonderful Mamas out there had a good Mother's Day this year! I know I did. Anthony set my cards out on the ironing board for me to see Sunday morning when I got up. There was one from him and one from the boys. They were both so perfect and sweet! I didn't get my gift until today since it wasn't finished yet. He took the boys to "I Made It" last week where they made a very special gift for me. I love it so much and I hope it never breaks! I also got a few things at Church that I loved. Jameson's Sunday school class gave their Mommies flowers and adorable cards. I love what Jameson said about me in his! Kids are so comical and sweet. All the Mothers in the Church received nice cups as well.

I greeted my Mama with a hug before Sunday school and we all went out to Denny's for lunch after Church. I gave her cash and a few small items that said, "Buy me for your Mom!" at Wal-Mart. (Caress body wash, Funyuns and a nice dish towel:)

On the way to Denny's, a song came on the radio that I love entitled, "Homesick." At first, Anthony and I were singing along. But as I listened and looked down at Mom's gift in my lap, the tears came rolling. My heart ached to see my sweet Mamaw and Mother-in-law, two very special Mothers in my life who were celebrating in Heaven. I would give any thing to be able to hug them both! 

Homesick
You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face

If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

 Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home

 In Christ, there are no goodbye
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again


Losing loved ones has taught me to cherish the time I have with those around me. I feel so very blessed to have my Mom. She is very special to me and always there when I need her. Besides God and my husband, she's my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without her. She is such a blessing to so many. I love the burden she has for her Sunday school class. She loves those kids with all of her heart! I'm so thankful for a godly, praying Mother. I love you, Mom. I hope you enjoyed your day.

I'm also thankful for the privilege of being a Mom myself. I consider Motherhood an absolute honor. There is nothing that compares to carrying a child. There is nothing compared to the moment you meet them. I'm thankful for fertility, smooth pregnancies, uneventful deliveries, and healthy children! Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above! I am so blessed.

Here are some pictures,

Michelle

 Opening my cards with my little men!

CHEESE....and flowers :)

Me and Mom at Denny's

My stuff!

My plate! ("I Made It" gift from the boys:)

My boy! (I couldn't leave this one out!)


6 comments:

  1. I love you too Michelle....it's easy being mom to such wonderful caring children. My cup runneth over and not just on Mother's Day.

    P.S. Sorry about having to delete the first comment....my autocorrect took over and corrected where it did not need to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I had a wonderful Mother's Day as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to remind you to iron his clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Pictures! I so remembered I didn't even mention my mom on my post. Oops! Good thing she's not into blogging. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a great Mother's Day! My kids are at the age where they rave over me all day and I absolutely love it. They'll say things like *don't tattle, it's mothers day*, can't argue with that logic. :)

    ReplyDelete