Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Look What's Blooming Over Here!

I just love Spring! I recently found a bush of these beautiful flowers growing in my yard. They appear to be carnations but I'm not exactly sure. I couldn't resist picking a few to make a nice little arrangement to sit in my kitchen. They smell nice, too. They're not as fragrant as roses, but still pleasant.

About a week and a half ago, I also planted our very first vegetable garden. Our neighbors, Bobby & Debbie graciously offered the upper portion of their garden to us for planting this year. Debbie and I went shopping together to get what we needed. This was all brand new to me. She had already planted some squash and beans for us. Then she helped (and taught me how to) plant tomatoes, (3 different kinds) cucumbers and more green beans. The okra and green pepper plants will go in the ground later when they get a little bigger. For now, they are residing on my porch where I'm hoping I don't kill them! LOL! I know it will be a lot of work come harvest time, but SO worth it when our table is full of delicious things to eat! I'll post the progress! (I'm trusting there will be some...lol)


4 comments:

  1. I want a garden but not enough land here for one. The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, jealouuuus, I want a garden so bad. Last year we went through all the trouble to plant strawberries and tomatoes and cucumbers... and ughhhh, the tornado's came through and ripped them all up. So this year, I am just defeated!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink flowers are Peony's sometimes pronounced Piny's or Penny's depending on where your from! I have them in my yard. They are from my mother's yard and she got them from my Grandmother's yard! I enjoy reading your blog. I like real people :) I have boys too...so that helps:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I missed this comment and didn't see it until recently! Thanks, now I know what to call them! Awww, Thanks so much for reading!!! =)

      Delete