Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Smell of Summer

What scents come to your mind when you think of Summertime? I think of sunscreen, chlorine, and freshly mowed grass. I've been picking up these scents lately and they sure do beat propane and hot chocolate! Today the boys got in their new swimming pool for the first time and they loved it. It was such a hot day that the water tempted me and I joined the fun. When Daddy got home, he couldn't resist either and beckoned Mommy to get back in. So all four of us were in the little Wal-Mart pool but it was so much fun! It was refreshing to spend time together as a family. Lately, Anthony's been gone quite a bit fishing so we needed to catch up. We all know that swimming makes a body ravenously hungry. So for dinner, I made barbequed chicken, fried potatoes, creamed corn, pasta and biscuits (The best in the world- Sprite/7up Biscuits! Thanks, "More Ketchup Please" :) We also had ice cream and watermelon for dessert. Tomorrow we're planting our very first garden while Anthony's off work. I smell Summer in the air! Don't you?


 Dressed and slathered in SPF 50! Jameson is wearing 
his "new" water shirt from the Polka Dot Alligator Sale.

It's actually pretty big for seventeen bucks! It's perfect for them. 

Jameson loved "swimming" and tried to convince Landon to join him.....

......but the lawn chair was his favorite spot! He fell a couple of times and it's 
pretty deep on a little guy like him! I think he felt safer in his little chair.


Snack break! They love grapes!

  We just bought this mini picnic table at Big Lots for $20 and 
I can see them getting a lot of use from it this Summer!

Jameson was beyond excited when Anthony decided to get in!


Daddy did all sorts of tricks that Mommy didn't do!


Like the dead man.....


Shoulder ride....


and lots of splashing!

These 3 good-looking dudes are taken! ; )


A great way to end the day! lol

6 comments:

  1. I can "smell" summer really good with all of those wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! I need to get the girls a pool..but all we have is dirt over here..ewww mm Tiff is getting a nice pool with a deck. Think we will just visit...love the photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I told Angela to blog those 7 up biscuits. They are delicious and soooo simple to make. I make them on a weekly basis around here. My kids love them!

    As I was reading through and looking at pictures, I could seriously feel the warmth of summer, with a hint of sunscreen and chlorine drifing in the air. ;-) I can't wait until the kids are out of school for the summer - we want to put our pool up soon, last year we were out in it about 6 hours a day!!! I miss it so bad. My house was a wreck all summer, but hey, we had a tan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY....it really is getting to be pool time!!!! Yay! We need to put ours back up ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures. We just got our pool up, alyssa is excited cause she can finally touch the bottom! lol We finally got it turned to salt water! Better then havin to balance all kinds of chemicals. lol Have fun! Miss yall!

    ReplyDelete