Thursday, October 4, 2012

That moment....

You've been there, too. You know, that moment when your "baby" takes on a different look! An older look. A less babyish look. He starts to slim down, grow a bit taller. Those legs are looking longer and start to run faster. His hands are less chubby and his fingers can navigate around your Iphone like nobody's business. Those baby cheeks start to lose some of that oh-so-kissable chub. It feels sort of deja vu and I'm not ready for it to happen to this one too. He's just as kissable and snuggly as ever but his appearance is changing and it makes a Mama's heart sigh and whisper, "Please stay little!" We're entering a new phase. One in which our "baby" is 2 and a half years old. I hope that I'm soaking in all of these moments with my boys adequately enough!  : )


14 comments:

  1. my he is looking older..sigh know the feeling.
    Aleia is going to be Four...we got her at fourteen months. Where has the time gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's going to be 4?! That is crazy! I agree....Time flies too fast!!!

      Delete
    2. Hard to believe, Mia is 9 she will be 10 in April. SIGH
      I am with you please stay little.

      Delete
  2. This is always the hardest. They go from baby to toddler to a preschooler to kindergarten way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told YOU not to get older than four, but did you listen to your moma? NO! Now look what you went and got yourself into! Lol. Sure would be nice to slow time down. We can't slow time, but we can slow ourselves down so we can enjoy those babies a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what all this means Michelle????? TIME FOR ANOTHER *blessing*. ;-) Avalon is starting to talk... so I understand this completely!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....How did I know you'd suggest that??? ;-) Awww, she's growing too fast too!!!

      Delete
    2. Her comment didn't surprise me either,lol.

      Delete
  5. My baby turned FOUR yesterday!!!!! And he wanted to know when he'll be three again and I about started crying....I had to say never. Boooohoooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWW!!! :( I would've too!!!

      Delete
    2. Awww. Reminds me of when Josiah asked me how long he had been alive the other day. I said, "guess". His answer was 3 yrs. Of course 3 seems to be about right to me, but I can't help, but think of all that $ we spent on his Christian education for him not to know how many yrs he has been alive. lol

      Delete
  6. aww, Angela, that reminds me of when Lawsen was about to turn 4, he cried and said that 4 was too much work and he just wanted to stay 3. :( IT was so pitiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sad, now I'm depressed, my baby is nearly 8! Where has time gone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least you have Preslea around now! :) I love newborns!!!

      Delete