Saturday, April 16, 2011

A proud moment for a Mother....

FOR DAD: DON'T GO INTO CARDIAC ARREST OR ANY THING. I REALLY AM POSTING THREE DAYS IN A ROW ON MY BLOG. THIS IS TRULY YOUR DAUGHTER AND NOT A HACKER.


Now onto the reason for posting this late! Tonight we went to McDonald's after Church. (nothing unusual) We were out of milk so we also had to run to Wal-Mart before coming home. Jameson was singing "I've Never Been This Homesick Before" in the car on our way to the store. He LOVES "The Elijah Band" CD and sings the songs quite often. He gets the tune and a few of the words in. We get a kick out of listening to him! (We had been laughing up until this point.) Tonight, when he finished his usual version of the verse and chorus, he started adding his own words to the song. It was so sweet as he came up with them on his own. I don't know how this little boy knew that he was singing about Heaven, but here's what we heard him singing from the back seat, "I see my Daddy.....I see Seesus(Jesus)....I see my Memaw....I see my home...." He mentioned his Memaw several times during the song while I smiled at Anthony with tears in my eyes. We've told him where Pam is but it was so precious to actually hear him sing his own words about Heaven tonight! I had to call Shelly to share it with her. Jameson wanted to run into Wal-Mart with me so I was on my cell phone while walking him in. He kept saying "Pay Shelly....I pay Shelly" and I thought he said he wanted to play with Shelly. It wasn't until I looked down at him that I realized what he had been saying. While walking through the Wal-Mart doors, my little boy had one hand in the air and was praying quietly for his Aunt. I told Shelly what he was doing and after I got a shopping cart, he asked me to hold his hand while he lead us in prayer for her. It sounds like gibberish with her name mentioned a couple of times, then an "Amen" at the end. That didn't make it any less special to us. I almost cried when he prayed for her again a couple of minutes later and I felt a sweet presence. This Mommy's heart along with one very loved Aunt's were touched tonight and I don't think we'll ever forget it. I believe God heard the song and the prayers of my little boy and HIS heart was touched too!


Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment