Friday, April 15, 2011

Gotcha For Three Years Now!

Two days ago we celebrated Lilianna's third Gotcha Day! It doesn't seem like it's been three years since she joined our family. I'll never forget the Sunday in July of 2005 when Mom and Dad told me they were going to adopt a child from China. I was so thrilled I cried! It was a long process that took two years and nine months. Now I couldn't imagine life without her! We enjoyed Los Nopales for the celebration dinner. I asked the waiter to bring Lili some ice cream and they went above and beyond. They came out singing with maracas and placed a sombrero on her head. The smile on her face was absolutely priceless. Here's a picture of the moment!


A very happy Lili!

4 comments:

  1. Well, thanks a lot Michelle! I came into the room and found your mother passed out in the floor. I called 911 and everybody going crazy around here in a complete panic. Lili's going nuts because she doesn't understand what's going on. Once the EMTs arrived they looked for something that may have caused this episode- drugs, a blow to the head, something! It's then that I notice she has your blog pulled up on her iPad. You posted 2 days in a row and it just completely overwhelmed her.

    She's OK now and the house has calmed down. Nice picture, though!

    I can hear my little Chinese daughter in her Mexican sombrero, eating fajitas, saying in her KY accent, "Can I wash mah hayands?"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I totally had the whole scene pictured in my head. I know you so well. I wrote a comment under my last post that said you'd be shocked and think my account had been hacked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time focuse a little better on the plate of fajitas. They look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll do, Josh! We got the fajitas for 2 a couple of nights ago...YUM! We need to meet at El Rodeo soon! (Richmond or E-town! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete