Thursday, April 14, 2011

Landon's 1st Birthday Celebration!



 Has it really been a year?


Wow! I am now a Mother to a three year old and a one year old! Both boys. Two years apart. I don't think I'll be bored for many years to come. Ha Ha! We celebrated last Saturday on our little monkey's birthday. The party theme was jungle animals. Anthony and I had some difficulty getting the humongous balloons into our vehicles at Wal-Mart and in the process, lost two giraffes in the sky. I had bought three monkey balloons and three giraffes. So sadly, only one giraffe made it to the party. It was a stressful evening for me because I didn't give myself enough time to prepare for the party. (WHAT? Michelle procrastinated? How very uncharacteristic of her!) Super sister, Sarah (along with boyfriend, Bradley) saved the day by coming to help me throw it all together in twenty minutes and create a party which turned out great. We had a good time eating Papa John's and watching Landon eat his birthday cake. Unlike Jameson, he was very generous with his and was willing to share with every one! The aftermath was bad enough that he ended up in our Church fellowship hall sink. Apparently, he's allergic to the dye in the icing because his face broke out in hives afterwards. I got his pictures taken today by Dana Basham in Cecilia and made sure to get plain icing on this second cake. (She does cake pictures for first birthday sessions.) Landon loved all of his gifts and both boys have enjoyed having new toys in the house all week.

It's amazing how they grow and change in the first year. This time last year, I was holding a nine pound newborn and picking out the outfit he would wear to his dedication at Church that weekend. Now he's crawling all over the place, pulling up to furniture and on my skirt tail. He's still quite dependent upon me and more attached than Jameson was at this age. That's okay though because I know one day down the road, I'll look back on these years and miss them. I'm cherishing my time with our precious sons while they are little!

Enjoy the pictures,

Michelle 






  .






4 comments:

  1. I love that first picture in the hospital! How precious! I love all of the pictures and especially the one with cake all over his face!! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally posted again! Was wondering where you went. But looks like you've been busy! Love the jungle theme. Looks pretty good for only 20 minutes of decorating time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ya'll! I'm sure Dad will be in shock since I just posted again. Two days in a row?! My blog account MUST have been hacked!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete