Monday, September 3, 2012

Prayers, please!!!

Tuesday is the BIG day when my Dad donates a kidney to his brother, my Uncle Scott. We found out in March that he's been in third stage kidney failure for quite some time due to his diabetes. After much prayer and consideration, Dad felt peace about offering to be his donor. The past couple of months has been spent in preparation for September 4th. I'm flying out with Mom and Dad tomorrow (Monday) evening at 6:45 to Chicago where the transplant will take place at the University of Chicago Hospital. I'm nervous and asking for your prayers for my Dad and Uncle. We are trusting God for Him to take care of them and cause things to go as smoothly as possible! We want Scott to have his life back. He's suffered enough and deserves the quality of life the rest of us have. I ask that you cover him and Dad in prayer for the next several days! Also keep Mom, Aunt Shelly (Scott's sweet wife) and Gramma in your prayers! They will need strength and comfort in the days to come.

One more request- pray for every one's protection and traveling mercies to IL and back, whether by plane or car. This will be the first time I have ever flown. I'll be home Tuesday night. My flight is scheduled to land at 10:15.

(Anthony is staying home with the boys and I'm getting extra snuggles in tonight so maybe I won't miss them too badly;)

Thank you so much for the prayers! I'll post an update after the transplant.


Michelle


6 comments:

  1. Please pray for Lili too yall :) She was fine leaving them at the airport, but as soon as we got home she was upset, missing mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY Michelle. I was just thinking about you guys this morning. I am praying for you guys. Love you all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surgery going well for Dad.... Scott is in pre-op! I'll post more updates later....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every thing went well for both of them! PRAISING GOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great to hear MIchelle! I have been hoping to hear an update....

    ReplyDelete