Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Our Summer Trip to the Lake ~ Part 2

First off- Unlike the last post, this one mostly has higher quality pictures from my camera. However, there are a couple that are from my Iphone and I apologize for the lower quality shots!

Friday was more of a relaxing family day. We slept late (except for Anthony who fished every morning) and I made a big brunch of biscuits, gravy, eggs and bacon. Then we sat on the porch, hung in the hammock and just relaxed while the boys played.



They were thrilled with the stairs in the house and the toys in the basement! There's a treasure box full of dress-up clothes so during our stay, they became almost every thing in the box! Here's Jameson as a fireman.


The place is full of antiques and has so much charm that it's easy to fall in love with it quickly! I loved this shelf.
 I also loved cooking there because I LOVE how the range is placed in the island and I can watch my family in the living room while I'm cooking!


Here's me and the boys on the boat dock enjoying the water.....


We hung around and relaxed together most of the day. Then later that evening, Anthony took us in our boat around the bend to a perfect little spot for the boys to play in the water, make mud pies, and just be boys. I'm telling ya'll, they had a BALL! What am I talking about?! We did, too! lol! It was so relaxing and fun. We had water fights, skipped rocks on the lake, yelled to hear our echos answer us back, and just enjoyed God's handiwork out there. Jameson didn't get much out of the previous day of swimming and tubing. But THIS was right up his alley! (He could touch the bottom here!) He would've stayed there all night I think! lol! His favorite thing to do was ride the "jet ski" Uncle Andy bought for them. He also proved his 100% "boy-ness" by digging handfuls of mud out of the bottom of the lake, wiping it on his face, and wiping it on ME! (all while cracking up laughing!) YUCK! I don't even like walking in that stuff with water shoes on! Landon decided he'd try a bite of the mud pie I made for him and found out very quickly it didn't taste like real pie! lol!!! It was hilarious. His facial expression was priceless! He loved throwing rocks in the lake from his little bucket and while we were blowing bubbles, he was determined to catch one on his hand like his big brother did. It took a while but he didn't give up. I loved watching his face while he stared at the bubbles in amazement! It was just a gorgeous evening and we made some great memories together. We loaded back in the boat and took the short trip around the corner back "home" again where we bathed our very dirty bodies and I got some spaghetti going for dinner. I made chocolate chip cookies later for dessert and we enjoyed our last night at the lake house.


Saturday mainly consisted of eating left-overs, cleaning, doing laundry and packing so there isn't much to write about. The Dembeks stopped by and it was really nice to chat with them. We gave them the "Thank you" letter I'd written. I'm going to send them a real card with a bunch of pictures to show them what an awesome time we had at their place. We said "Good-bye, lake house! We love you!" and pulled out. Anthony had a fishing tournament to go to so the boys and I went out to eat and shopping in Leitchfield before we all got home late. We all decided that this was easily our favorite family vacation ever and we can't wait to go back!

Thanks for reading my "journal" called a blog,

Michelle


7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love that special family Time?? Memories are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love relaxed vacations with no rushed schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful vacation that wasn't far from home and not expensive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird how this was our cheapest get-away EVER and yet the most fun!!!

      Delete
  4. Awesome!!!!! I am looking forward to our camping trip this weekend!!! Course we do a tent and no electricity!!!! lol. Not quite awesome as this looks!!!

    ReplyDelete