Monday, July 16, 2012

My first pickles! (and post from my iPhone! :)

I've been wanting to do this for a while. I LOVE pickles, especially the sweet variety. With plenty of cucumbers from the garden and a super simple (and cheap) recipe, today I made refrigerator sweet pickles (perfect for green canners like me with no canning stuff!) Thanks for the jars, Mom! They have to sit in the fridge for 12-24 hours and I can't wait to taste test them tomorrow. I'll be sure to post the report, good or bad! LOL! The cool thing about these is you don't have to seal the jars and they will last for several months in your fridge. However, I doubt they make it a month around here! My boys love pickles almost as much as I do and Anthony likes them as well. Although, he did complain about the pickle brine smell that filled the house this evening. (It was pretty strong so I can't blame him! Lol!) Next time, I plan to try making dill pickles since that's his favorite! If you want the recipe to these, they are "Snickers Easy Sweet Refrigerator Pickles".

Michelle

7 comments:

  1. ooooh yum!!!!!!!!! Looks good. I don't like sweet pickles very much. Just dill, but you can't tell they are sweet by the pic, so I want to just eat a jarfull. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty impressive! I've never tried the pickle thing, yet. First we need a successful garden I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The report from the taste test is GOOD! Nice and crisp. Jameson and Landon were asking for their own bowl. They definitely taste like "bread and butter" pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The taste test I had was yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete