Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The adventures of the Young Brothers!

Life is never dull around here! These little guys keep me on my toes. They also give me my daily dose of laughter, which we all need. I thought I'd share some of their adventures with you. I want to record these memories, no matter how small, so I won't forget them. Some of the most frustrating moments for a Mom make the funniest stories later on! ; ) Here are some cute, funny and sweet moments my boys have given to me lately......

Landon loves his big brother's desk and I think he feels like a big boy sitting at it. I try to remind Jameson to replace the lids on his markers when he's done using them but you know how kids are. I walked into the kitchen and found Landon like this a couple of nights ago.....
I was cracking up while Anthony was worrying about him. I couldn't stop laughing. I'm such a great Mom- I grab my camera instead of the poison control center phone number! Ha Ha! He decided to sample the green marker and it looks like he enjoyed it.

Yesterday I found Jameson's pals - Woody, Jessie and Super Doggy napping in Landon's pants drawer. They were tucked in nicely under a pair of jeans and it was too cute not to photograph.

Their adventures weren't over for the day though!
They would also enjoy a romantic horse drawn wagon ride!

This is Jameson's favorite thing to play with these past few days. His mega bloks wagon is tied to his rocking horse. He says he's going to work and kisses me and Landon good-bye before he mounts his horse or "motorcycle." Hat and boots are a must. As you can see, his job must not require clothes though. I love the tough guy face he's making!


Jameson and Landon are becoming best friends and I love to watch them play, dance, hold hands and hug each other. Of course, they fight too. Earlier today, Landon was trying to take Woody out of Jameson's wagon. Jameson told him, "Go to your Mommy!" When Landon walked away, Jameson said, "Thank you!"

They were being awful quiet last night and I thought they had fallen asleep with Daddy. Then out of the bathroom they came, and Landon's hair was all wet. I asked Jameson what they had been doing.  I went into the bathroom and asked him if he had used the spray bottle of water to fix Landon's hair. He said, "No." He walked over to the toilet and touched and lid. "There." After I leaned over the washing machine and got all of my giggles out, I corrected my son so he wouldn't style his little brother's hair with toilet water again. There are moments when you just can't help but laugh first! Landon's wet hair laid flat against his head and he just walked around grinning away. He didn't seem to mind at all! Ha Ha.

Some times, Jameson amazes me with the things he says. Last night is a perfect example. We usually go to town while Anthony is at a fishing tournament. On our way home, I stopped by the cemetery and when Jameson asked why I turned left over the tracks instead of right, I told him I was going to see his Papaw and Memaw's grave. I left the boys in the car and walked up the hill, stayed for a minute, then got back in. While we were pulling around the gravel drive, Jameson (out of the blue) tells me, "Papaw's home." It caught me off guard. He never knew Shab since he died three years before he was born. I showed him a scrap book that I made the other day but we don't talk about him often like we should. I thought he couldn't be referring to Shab, so asked, "Where?" and Jameson said, "See? Up in the sky." and pointed to our right where the sun was setting in the pretty pink horizon. It seemed to come out of no where and it touched my heart!

I can't wait to see what else in store for our family in the years to come! I couldn't imagine life without these stinkers. I'm thankful for each day I'm given with them!

Michelle





4 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Jesse and Woody look so romantic.....riding off in the wagon! Love the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse and Woody have some relationship! Wow! Better watch that Jameson..he's gonna be a romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man what an update. The entire culture at your home is so drastically different than mine. Girls are way different. I love the toilet hair do! I trust it was flushed prior?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HaHa! Glad ya'll enjoyed it! I trust it was flushed too, Josh! HaHa!

    ReplyDelete